To All Our Stakeholders Regarding COVID-19
Updated June 22nd
The Health and well-being of our Corpsmembers, Staff and our Central Oregon communities is paramount, and we take the threat of COVID-19 very seriously. We regularly monitor the spread and impact of this virus in Oregon, and particularly in Central Oregon. Heart of Oregon Corps provides paid job training, education, and stewardship that empowers and inspires positive change in the lives of young people. We deem it critical to offer these opportunities as a part of national pandemic recovery efforts, when it is possible to minimize public health and safety risks while maximizing mission-based outcomes. We believe our local community needs us now more than ever.
Applications: We are currently experiencing a much higher than usual interest in our programs, so we encourage those interested in serving not to delay your application for future programs that interest you.
Programs: After an almost three month pause, we are beginning to move forward with summer operations. Here is what we are doing:
- HOC's COYCC program starts July 6th for youth. Applications are closed and youth offer letters have been sent.
- HOC's Stewardship program starts June 16th. Currently accepting applications (youth ages 16-24).
- HOC's AmeriCorps program restarts June 17th for current members. Currently accepting applications for July and September cohorts.
- HOC's YouthBuild program is operating virtually. In-person program is scheduled to resume on July 6th. Currently accepting applications for a September cohort.
- HOC's Thrift Store (retail and program) goal is re-opening is mid-August for customers and mid-September for students.
- HOC's Camp LEAD program is cancelled for 2020; youth overnight camps are not currently allowed.
- Visit our Locations page for office hours for essential visitors.
Operations: Our Staff Leadership Team and Steve Smith of Experiential Consulting collaborated to create protocols for operating our Corps in a COVID-19 environment. These protocols and related forms are available below. We are also working closely with our partners, like the US Forest Service and local school districts, in building our plans for program re-openings. HOC’s COVID-19 Operations Protocols is a living document and is continually updated as we learn more about managing hygiene and safety.
HOC's COVID-19 Operations Info
COVID-19 Central Oregon Medical Care and Testing Resources
Central Oregon COVID-19 hotline: 541-699-5109
- Medical Care for COVID-19, call 541-383-3005 before coming in.
- Oregon Health Plan Enrollment Hotline: 541-647-2707
COVID-19 CDC Guidance
Central Oregon Social Services Resources
A comprehensive guide of social services available while we all get through the pandemic. Food, Housing, Heath, Unemployment, etc...you'll find it here!