Camp LEAD - Leadership | Empowerment | Advocacy | Development
Camp LEAD is happening in Central Oregon in summer 2021! LEAD will be a Day Camp program this year to accommodate COVID-19 restrictions. We will keep the leadership curriculum and work and will still employ and empower youth living with disabilities. Participants develop self-advocacy and social skills while gaining work experience and career exposure in the natural resources industry. This program is made possible through our partnership with Oregon Vocational Rehabilitation Services (OVRS), with support from the US Forest Service and Oregon Department of Education.
Apply by 6/14/2021! Please note: when you complete your application, press the "submit" button, and you will be redirected to a login page. This means your application has been received; you do NOT need to log in.
- Young people ages 16-22 may apply.
- Applicants should be able to complete light physical labor for approximately 8 hours per day with some accommodations.
- Applicants should live in Central Oregon. Sorry, no camp is being offered elsewhere this year.
- A t-shirt, work-shirt, personal protective equipment (PPE), and all tools are provided.
- Bathroom facilities are available at work sites (toilets, sinks). Sometimes, youth will have to use porta-potties.
- Participants need to pack a lunch and water bottle.
- Camp LEAD doesn't cost anything to attend. This is a job training experience and youth are paid $12.75/hour!
- Each group of up to 8 youth will be supervised by at least 3 counselors.
- Youth will be working 8 hour days, 3 days/week (Tue/Wed/Thurs) over the course of two weeks on projects including light trail maintenance, tree trimming/fire fuels reduction, facilities maintenance, painting, etc.
- Participants will work on projects, learn job skills, and participate in LEAD (Leadership, Empowerment, Advocacy, Development) curriculum and team-building.
- Staff will pick-up and drop-off youth at a meeting point in the Central Oregon town where they live.
|Cohort 1||July 13-15, 20-22|
|Cohort 2||July 27-29, Aug 3-5|
|Cohort 3||Aug 10-12, 17-19|