Go! LEAD: Opportunities for young people who have been to (or are interested in) Camp LEAD
Go-LEAD employs young people ages 16-22 with diverse abilities who have been to Camp LEAD (or are interested in attending).This is a fun opportunity to engage in year round programming focused on job training and environmental education. Participants help maintain public recreation areas, learn about outdoor related careers from Forest Service speakers & receive take-home conservation boxes with tools and recreational gear. Go!-LEAD provides the opportunity for young people to build their confidence, learn new job skills, and earn wages while helping improve public lands throughout Central Oregon. This is a supportive and fun environment for participants to reconnect with existing friends, while also forging new connections with peers they have yet to meet.
- Ages 16-22
- Participants attend 2 monthly meet ups starting in December and ending in March.
- Monthly Meet-Up Dates
- Friday December 1st & Saturday December 2nd
- Friday December 15th & Saturday December 16th
- Friday January 12th & Saturday January 16th
- Friday February 16th & Saturday February 17th
- Friday March 15th & Saturday March 16th
- An "adventure box" full of gear and activities given to each member with attendance of first education session.
- No cost to youth, youth are paid $15.00/hrly for project days