Go! LEAD: a virtual program for young people experiencing disabilities
Heart of Oregon is excited to offer the new Go! LEAD program during the winter for youth experiencing disabilities. This is a combination distance-learning and "adventure box" program focused on outdoor conservation job-skills training. Based off the success of summer camp lead programming, Go! LEAD gives young people fun, new skills, and exposure to careers in natural resources.
Thank you for your interest - we had a successful winter 2021 session - congratulations and thank you to all the young people who attended! Please contact Tyler McRae, Summer Program Manager, to be notified when the next opportunity comes up.
- Ages 16-21
- Minimal time commitment: activities self-guided and on their own time. HOC provides support via phone, email throughout the session.
- HOC instructors will facilitate a weekly zoom call (the "campfire" of each week).
- 3 weeks (each session) of lightly - supported activities and curriculum.
- An "adventure box" full of gear and activities sent to the students' door.
- No cost to youth, no pay to youth.
- Do not need to be enrolled in VR