Go! LEAD: a virtual program for young people experiencing disabilities
Heart of Oregon is excited to offer the new Go! LEAD program during the winter for youth experiencing disabilities. This is a combination distance-learning and "adventure box" program focused on outdoor conservation job-skills training. Based off the success of summer camp lead programming, Go! LEAD gives young people fun, new skills, and exposure to careers in natural resources.
Update: all sessions are full! Thank you for your interest - if you have young people that were interested in this program, please contact Tyler McRae, Summer Program Manager, to be notified when the next opportunity comes up.
- Ages 16-21
- Minimal time commitment: activities self-guided and on their own time. HOC provides support via phone, email throughout the session.
- HOC instructors will facilitate a weekly zoom call (the "campfire" of each week).
- 3 weeks (each session) of lightly - supported activities and curriculum.
- An "adventure box" full of gear and activities sent to the students' door.
- No cost to youth, no pay to youth.
- Do not need to be enrolled in VR