To All Our Stakeholders Regarding COVID-19
Updated August 20th, 2020
The Health and well-being of our Corpsmembers, Staff and our Central Oregon communities is paramount, and we take the threat of COVID-19 very seriously. We regularly monitor the spread and impact of this virus in Oregon, and particularly in Central Oregon. Heart of Oregon Corps provides paid job training, education, and stewardship that empowers and inspires positive change in the lives of young people. We deem it critical to offer these opportunities as a part of national pandemic recovery efforts, when it is possible to minimize public health and safety risks while maximizing mission-based outcomes. We believe our local community needs us now more than ever.
Applications: We are currently experiencing a much higher than usual interest in our programs, so we encourage those interested in serving not to delay your application for future programs that interest you.
Programs: After an initial three month pause, we are operating 4 of our 6 programs this summer. Here is what we are doing:
- HOC's Stewardship program restarted June 16th. Currently accepting applications (youth ages 16-24).
- HOC's AmeriCorps program restarted June 17th. Currently accepting applications for a September 8th cohort, and enrolling alumni in 2nd terms.
- HOC's YouthBuild program continued virtually during the shut down, and in-person programming resumed on July 6th. Currently accepting applications for a September 21st cohort. Applicants must attend an info-session to apply.
- HOC's COYCC program started July 6th and concludes August 20th. Applications are closed until spring 2021.
- HOC's Thrift Store (retail and program) will be closed until at least January 2021 based on Jefferson County school closure.
- HOC's Camp LEAD program is cancelled for 2020; youth overnight camps are not currently allowed.
- Visit our Locations page for office hours for essential visitors.
Operations: Our Staff Leadership Team and Steve Smith of Experiential Consulting collaborated to create protocols for operating our Corps in a COVID-19 environment. These protocols and related forms are available below. We are also working closely with our partners, like the US Forest Service and local school districts, in building our plans for program re-openings. Current Oregon Education Department and School District Announcements may impact some fall offerings, watch here for updates. HOC’s COVID-19 Operations Protocols is a living document and is continually updated as we learn more about managing hygiene and safety.
HOC's COVID-19 Operations Info
COVID-19 Central Oregon Medical Care and Testing Resources
Central Oregon COVID-19 hotline: 541-699-5109
- Medical Care for COVID-19, call 541-383-3005 before coming in.
- Oregon Health Plan Enrollment Hotline: 541-647-2707
COVID-19 CDC Guidance
Central Oregon Social Services Resources
A comprehensive guide of social services available while we all get through the pandemic. Food, Housing, Heath, Unemployment, etc...you'll find it here!